Posted on July 18, 2015 by Josh Tong - Strategy, User Experience
It seems that many nonprofits install Google Analytics but don’t know what to do with it. Fortunately, there are many things that nonprofits can do to make Google Analytics much more useful. In this post, I’ll describe how to get started with five features:
- Event tracking
- Campaigns (with Google URL Builder)
- Goals (with conversion funnels)
- E-commerce tracking
- Custom dashboards
I’ll also share some ways that I use Google Analytics at an international NGO, and I’ll walk you through the process of identifying the metrics that matter most to your organization. Read more . . .
Posted on December 15, 2014 by Josh Tong - Uncategorized
Sometimes the least glamorous social channels are the most powerful. Learn where your audience goes for information, and find a way to join the conversation. Read more . . .
Here are some books and other resources that have been indispensable to my work. I’ve grouped them into several broad categories:
- Content strategy, information architecture, and user experience
- Digital marketing, content marketing, and social media
- Design thinking, change management, and organizational development
- Marketing and communications
- Writing and editing
- Graphic design, layout, and production
Read more . . .
Posted on July 10, 2014 by Josh Tong - Strategy
If we want our content to reach its full potential, then we need content strategy and content marketing to work together. Otherwise, we’ll only frustrate our readers, our stakeholders, and ourselves.
What’s holding us back, and how can we move forward? Read more . . .