In the fall, I joined an international development NGO in DC to lead digital strategy. We’re a midsized NGO, with offices in twenty countries. Before the organization created my position, the communications team had only two full-time employees and an intern.
Here are some of the activities that we’ve tackled during the past nine months:
- Conducted lean research on a rolling basis
- Adopted a phased approach to renovating our website
- Drafted a digital strategy, digital roadmap, and digital guidelines
- Conducted training sessions and held brown-bag discussions
- Obtained approval to develop a digital governance framework
If we can do it, there’s a good chance that your nonprofit can, too. I’d like to share some of the steps that we’ve taken so far—and some of the resources that we’ve consulted—to better achieve our mission. Read more . . .